WHAT: Lakeland Care, Inc. (LCI) is dedicated to strengthening communities and partnerships through a dedicated ’day of giving’. Lakeland Care employees sign up to support LCI providers within the local communities that our employees live and work.
WHY: Lakeland Care’s vision is to create a world we all want to live in. Through LCI’s Day of Giving, we hope to live our mission by giving our employees an opportunity to work together supporting our provider partners through an LCI sponsored event. LCI is targeting one day of giving in each GSR to invest in LCI providers across the community demographic served by LCI. This allows us to demonstrate our values of kindness through service, while including all communities. These days of action will strengthen relationships and further define provider trust in the LCI partnership.
WHEN: Dates in respective GSR’s as follows:
- Tuesday May 2, 2023: Counties Served; Wood, Portage, Marathon, Langlade, Lincoln, Forest, Florence, and Vilas Counties (GSR 4)
- Wednesday May 10, 2023: Counties Served; Brown, Kewaunee, Door, Shawano, Menominee, Oconto, Marinette Counties (GSR 13)
- Tuesday May 16, 2023: Counties Served; Winnebago, Fond du Lac, and Manitowoc Counties (GSR 9)
- Thursday May 25, 2023: Counties Served; Waupaca, Outagamie, Calumet Counties (GSR 10)
HOW: Employees have the opportunity to give back through volunteerism by partnering with community-based organizations through an event-based volunteer opportunity within one of LCI’s Geographic Service Regions (GSR) identified as the LCI Day of Giving.
- For one day each week through the month of May, through LCI will be offering one day of service to any interested organization in which we have an existing partnership.
- Using a survey conducted by the LCI Volunteer Services Coordinator (VSS) and the Provider Relations Team, partner organizations will provide LCI with their preferred service project prior to LCI’s Day of Giving, number of volunteers needed, and any COVID protocols currently in place.
- The VSS will collect and coordinate all opportunities
- The VSS will create an LCI wide sign up for each day of giving.
- LCI employees will have the opportunity to sign up for the events activities one month prior to the event date.
- Once confirmed the volunteer will be provided directions, an agenda for the day, and any potential required project details. The agenda will include address and directions of the facility, the current mission/values of the partnering organization, the identified local contact, any other relevant information of the partner organization or project and the organizations current COVID protocols.
- To measure the impact and success of these events, all participating employees and community partners will be provided a post-event survey.
- LCI staff having the ability to live our mission forward in new ways
- Provider reimbursement
- Building community connection
- Further support to LCI Membership
- Fostering trust with LCI providers and involved community stakeholders
- Advancing LCI Brand through increased visibility